|Louth County Council - 21/036 -Management Services for PEACE IV Project - The Crossing Field Drogheda
||This rft is for the provision of Management Services for The Crossing Field Project
i.e. Management Services to engage planning consultants, design consultants, procurement of contractors, management of contractors and handover of works.
The Crossing Field Project proposes:
• The creation of an accessible memorial garden/commemorative park and reflective space of remembrance, contemplation and reconciliation dedicated to the role the site played in the Battle of the Boyne. This will be located in the north western corner of the 32 acre site. The principal objective is to facilitate the public’s education on the circumstances leading up to the Battle of the Boyne and the way the event reshape the history of European and the traditions of both communities of Ireland.
• The creation of an accessible surfaced footpath or trail, running along the top of the site from the eastern boundary along the old Slane road, to the existing footbridge at the western boundary. The pathway will connect the park space with other vantage points within the site affording panoramic views of the River Boyne, the obelisk outcrop and stump and views southward of the Oldbridge Estate.
• The replacement of the existing footbridge with a more appropriate structure.
• The placement of information stands outlining the details of the Battle of the Boyne and the thirteen different nations which participated in the event will be placed at regular intervals long the pathway.
• The incorporation of a miniature replica of the 18th Century Boyne Obelisk within the Commemorative Garden.
• An education/activity programme meeting the objectives of the Shared Space theme of the Peace IV Programme.
Tender documents can be found in the attached link.